Saturday, April 21, 2012

Which Way to the Jeans Department?


amazon.com/Diesel-Zathan-Regular-Bootcut-Denim

As I move along in this new part of the weight control journey that I've been on for a while now, I've encountered many things that were unexpected (to say the least). One of those things has left me somewhat quiet on this blog. In the spirit of the words of Thumper from the movie Bambi, "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all," seemed good advice.

See, I've been following all the things that I laid out in my own book, carefully watching the calories I use through exercise, and making specific notation about the calories I eat. When I say that I've been absolutely diligent I'm not just saying that. I've been watching what goes in and what comes out like my weight depended upon it:-) The problem is, that in spite of all that, I stopped losing weight. This was not like a plateau, but rather more like a roadblock. I've been at the same weight day in and day out for weeks! And then yesterday I gained a pound! OMG! Am I losing it? Well, obviously no. 

Did it bother me? Are you kidding? Of course it bothered me. It made me feel like I used to back in the old days before I discovered that I could lose it if I wanted to. It made me feel like what I knew was wrong somehow, that I missed something important. 

Interestingly, today I went into a clothing store because I needed a new pair of  jeans. The first pair I picked up were 38 waist (too tight before I understood what to do), and get this - they were indeed too tight! I was heading in the wrong direction?! The world was backward and upside down. I got that awful sinking feeling inside (you know the one). Ah, but wait... but no, the actuality was that that particular pair of pants was mis-marked. Just the universe having its little laugh at my expense. Har-har. I tried on three other pairs of jeans, all of which were marked 36 (what I've been wearing) and ya know what? They were too loose! I am making progress no matter what the scale says. I expect that the number that shows up each morning will start reflecting the new reality that is currently showing on my body. Oh and I didn't buy any jeans at all. I figure to wait a bit and get the ones I really want. Seems worth it don't ya' think?

No comments:

Post a Comment