Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day #10 - Ah, the Wonder of Self Sabotage

I like to believe that I am a very honest person, and when it comes right down to it - I really am. The problem is, that while I work diligently to tell others the truth, I sometimes fall into the tendency to tell myself little white lies - so that I can have what I want. Well duh! Anybody relate to that one..?


Yes I'll admit it, an added minute or two tacked onto whatever exercise I get... avoiding noting down a calorie or two on things I eat.  I've done it, and I've done it recently, after which I wonder why the things that I know work for me - don't work!:-) See the pattern here? 


As perfect as I am the way I am, I still have the desire to lose a few more pounds. Do I know how to make it happen? Of course I do! Do I sometimes stand in my own way? Uh yeah... I do.


Here, I have all the tools right at hand to do exactly what I want to do, but if I use those tools to bolster inaccurate numbers it's a lot like trying to hammer a nail with a screwdriver. I end up setting myself up to fail. Just great! 


No, all is not lost, but let's face it what needs to happen is that I need to come clean with myself and move forward. That's exactly what I'm doing here. Nuff said?

No comments:

Post a Comment