Sunday, February 26, 2012

Day #29 - is the New Day #1? Yes it is.

Mirror Mirror #10 - Jonathan Ellis
My weight today, as of 7:30 am, is 188.8, which is about a pound more than where I thought I was 28 days ago! 
Now we all know that I'm a glass half full kind of guy, but really this is not what I wanted to see. Oh sure I was beginning to suspect the truth about the lies being spewed by that other scale.
The question that comes to mind at the moment is this: has the scale become my magic mirror? See, I've been watching a, way cool, TV show called Once Upon a Time which comes complete with the Wicked Queen, Snow White, Hansel and Gretel, Little Red Riding Hood, Rumpelstiltskin and on and on. My point is that we know that the magic mirror will always tell the truth. "Snow White is the fairest in the land,." will be said even in the face of the Queen's rage. We do absolutely expect truth from our tools, and yet, here I am.
The question remains, am I indeed starting over? 
Not exactly, but it really does pain me to have fully believed my weight to be some 6 pounds lower than it really is. Oh sure, I can see that I've been losing weight, but now I have six more of them to lose.
All I can really do at this point is continue on in the same way I been doing all along. Even the incorrect numbers were reflecting progress. I've decided to accept what is, as is. I really see no other way to keep myself in line, than to restart my numbering of days, with this being designated as the day of beginning. This does not discount any progress that I've made, but it is an admission to having been heavier than I thought. Can I blame anyone oir anything for that? Uh, have you been listening to what I've been saying about that scale I banished from my home, never to be spoken of again?
Please allow me to quote myself, "Onward and downward."
Tomorrow will be day number two:-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment