Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Digital World Is What You Make Of It


I saw a guy on Good Morning America talking about how we've all become addicted to technology, with people falling into fountains (the original video was way too long so I found a 13second version), and what all.

What got me about the piece was what I see as directly connected with that addiction, is with all the attention being paid to the devices we love, apparently we're not paying attention to what those gadgets can provide to make our lives, as people who wish to control our weight, so much easier.
Sure texting is a wonderful addition to our arsenal of communication tools, but come on work with me here, palm sized computers are just the next step in the march toward connecting directly.

Just install a jack in the side of my head and plug me in! Are people not with me in the idea that once that happens we'll be enabled to make use, not only of more of the brain we were born with, but we'll also have access to all of the infiormation on the planet with nothin' more than the blink of an eye. We will know immediately when that fantastic everything bagle we're stuffing in our gob is equal to X number of calories, as they relate to the number of calories we have available to us for the day. We will know immediately how many laps around the track will be needed to counterbalance that snack. Right?

Right!  What I'm getting at is that we have that ability now, in the palm of our hand, if only we use the small amount of thinking power, we already have, to make use of the information available outside of us. 

I say keep on texting while walking. What the hell, at least you'er movin' around:-)

Hey did I mention that I'll be speaking today with Crystal Williamson today (5/7/11) at 10:30 AM Eastern - on her radio show? 

No comments:

Post a Comment