Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day #10 - Sometimes Paine Is Funny

ktersakian.com
"These are the times that try men's souls,"  were the words spoken by Thomas Paine rousing exhausted troops to continue fighting in 1776, and for whatever reason - it worked. Now I know that my dealing with a bit of extra weight is not in the same category at all, but the words somehow are exactly what I wish to express.-) 
Somebody (who will not be named) is busy complaining today. 
The new scale (damned be its truth telling ways!) informed me this morning  that I had GAINED .6 pounds! Oh sure, I've been through this before, but it's still hard to take, ya know? That I have come to a plateau after being sooooo diligent is the thing that grates on my nerves. Yes it's true I am a child of the age of speed-in-all-things. I want what I want, and I want it yesterday
The question now: is what I learned this morning, a time that literally tries my manly soul? Well, I guess not, but let's just say that these are the times that try my astoundingly stellar patience. And, there's that word again.-p

No comments:

Post a Comment