Monday, March 5, 2012

Day #9 - The Point of No Return

momstown-centralalberta.blogspot.com
I have been at the same weight for the last 6 days; no gain, but then again, no loss... 
It was not so long ago that given the present circumstances, I would have thrown in the towel, and gone back to eating as though I had no control concerning the pressures of gravity on my body. Truth be told, if this were the very first time I was using this method to lose weight, I would be surrendering to the seemingly inevitable and ongoing expansion of my belly. I would quite literally be in the moment of giving up. 
Going this long without visible results represents the proverbial straw that breaks the camel's back, or the tipping point at which I become convinced  that surrendering all hope of ever losing weight, is all that is left to me. However, this is clearly not the first time that I have tread this path. I have been here before. I have seen the numbers reflecting absolute stability when I am so desirous of change. What does it all mean? It means that I remain as dedicated to results as is possible. It means that I am incredibly thankful for the experience that informs my steadfast and unwavering (you already know my current mantra, right?) - patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment