Friday, September 9, 2011

Reality Check

I find that it's more difficult than I thought it would be to post in this blog in an ongoing way, in spite of the fact that I still have things to say:-)  


So what's new? My weight continues to drop, although more slowly than I would have expected... The closer I get to my goal the slower it goes, but really so what? I had to pull in my belt another notch on a few days ago. Very cool. More and more people are reading the book and letting me know their of their successes. Very gratifying.


Really though, I thought that when I wrote about what I was doing that it would be like building a better mouse trap and that people would flock to my door (so to speak). It hasn't happened that way. Instead I'm discovering that people are more skeptical about weight loss ideas than ever. Like me, they have been burned so many times it's hard for them to believe in anything. 


What do I do about that? Nothing at all. The way I see it is that eventually If I Can Lose It will be such common knowledge that the book will seem like someone simply stating the obvious. Now that I think about it - that's exactly what I was doing, but somehow the obvious has become clouded by the high impact marketing techniques of sellers of diet programs, diet bars, diet cereals, fast weight loss schemes, machines that freeze fat cells (oh yes, they do exist), and on and on. My book right now is like a voice calling out a simple truth in the wilderness. What I know is that according to what we all intrinsically know - is that in end the truth will prevail:-)


It's simple really: much like my weight loss goal, spreading the word about the book is slow but steady. Inversely, as my weight goes down the book sales go up:-) Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment