Ah, All the King's Men - I love this question! You have written exactly the sort of comment that I might be inspired to write myself. However, you need to know that I am not Humpty-Dumpty, nor have I fallen from the wall.-)

I have not written a set of instructions on how and why people do not need instruction to lose weight. Such a thing would be disingenuous and I would not do it. Notice in the title I was very specific in calling what I had done "a journey." As I see it I've wandered through a territory, that on the surface looked familiar, yet turned out to be rather new. In my wake I left notes indicating what I did, turns that were false, places where going downhill made things easier, and places where going uphill were the better choice in spite of the work involved. So sure I have written down instructions but only as a method to indicate where I've been. There is nothing included telling anyone the path that they must take. My path is my own. "If I Can Lose It..." is the story of how I got to where I wanted to go. Everyone has the choice to read my map before they set off on their own journey, or to stop by the drugstore and buy a magic pill that will indeed take them on a journey (though not one of their own choosing), or to seek out a weight-loss guru who for a certain price will give them the answers they always wanted if only they will do it exactly as told, or they can take advice from various gigantic corporations who will sell them diet plans that they can use to lose those extra pounds each and every time they gain them back.