Sunday, March 11, 2012

Day#15 - The Dance

reiki-terapia.com 
Today Georgina and I danced. A solid fifty minutes of swing dancing is good for 341 calories, and its fun! What does this mean to me and my efforts? It means that today I managed to keep my calorie intake low and my calorie usage high. 
Naturally, this works in my favor (well, duh). 
As you know, the last two weeks have represented that thing that is the bane of any person concentrating on losing weight the dreaded -  plateau
Still, I did see a slight loss yesterday. It wasn't what I wanted to see but it was something, and I accept it for what it was - a measurable loss in the midst of what has been an extended times of stasis. 
Okay, so now (and this is a good example of the way my mind works:) it occurs to me that if only I were to have managed stasis instead of gaining, in the times leading up to my current weight. It's all a matter of where one stands. It's all a matter of perspective isn't it? 

  • When I experience stasis I desire loss. 
  • When I achieve loss I become complacent. 
  • When I become complacent I tend to gain weight. 
  • When I'm heavy I desire loss, but first have to go through a period of stasis while my body adjusts to my new desire.:-)

It's the circle of life. 
Okay fine, it's not the circle of life, it's the circle of my perspective on weight control. Really, almost the same thing, right?:-) 
The trick then is really quite simple: avoid complacency. 
I think I'll just write that down and put it on the refrigerator:-D

No comments:

Post a Comment