Thursday, March 1, 2012

Day #5 - The Morning After Leap Day...

hugo.wikia.com/wiki/Automaton
As it turns out no amount of rocking back and forth, no method of stepping ever so  s-l-o-w-l-y onto the new scale has any effect whatsoever on the ultimate outcome of results. I should be elated by this turn of events, and of course I am. However, some part of me longs for the good old days when the previous scale would tell me lies. I know now that it did this to get me where it wanted me; dedicated to keeping it polished and located in a place of high honor. As it turns out the new scale is a more mechanically minded, dare I say, a more truly robotic device, and no amount of metal polish can be offered by which to change its carefully calculated measurements. It's a good scale as scales go, but I have to say it, I was used to being wooed by the old one, receiving flamboyantly worded messages such as: WEDNESDAY 7:00 AM first thing in the morning, and knowing that if I spoke very sweetly it would tell me that I was four entire pounds lighter than I actually was, and it would do so day after day. The new scale is cleanly and methodically accurate, but where, I ask you, is the love? Oh right, now I remember, I provide that part:-p
Here's a question: when is a great film like Hugo like a scale? Answer: when it is imbued by its owners with some aspects of personality.
Strange day, strange post... seems fair.
Oh, by the way my weight remains exactly as it has been for a couple of days now.

No comments:

Post a Comment